Summer Skin Suggestions
from Renew Dermatology
Meg Cherry MD, FAAD
My Can’t-Live-Without Summer Products:
- Heliocare an oral antioxidant sun protection to prevent sunburn and dark spots
- Elta MD Pure for my girls young skin.
- Skin Medica total defense and repair spf 50 for myself to prevent brown spots.
- Colorescience Sunforgettable Powder Sunscreen for scalps, hair parts, and faces for the whole family.
- Elta MD PM for after-sun and swimming to protect the barrier of the skin from dehydration.
*Kristy Curl DO, FAOCD *
My Summer Skin Musts:
- Sunscreen- EVERY Day regardless of my sun exposure, at work or play.
- Elta MD Clear (tinted) Sunscreen when I’m at the beach or lake. The increased coverage provided by tinted sunscreens (typically containing iron oxide) is GREAT for those of us who are pigment and age spot prone.
- I always put my thicker cream sunscreens on BEFORE putting on my swimsuit while at the beach or lake. This allows for more thorough coverage so I don’t miss any spots!
- I apply Colorscience Sunforgettable Powder Sunscreen to my scalp. It’s a must as a blonde. Especially on those days outdoors when a hat might not be an option.
- Revision Vitamin C Lotion, applying every A.M. under my sunscreen for that extra level of damage prevention that antioxidants provide.
Lauren Hughey MD, FAAD
My Summer Skin Tips:
- Titanium and Zinc based facial sunscreens for better protection in the harsh summer sun like Elta UV Replenish (untinted) & Elta UV Elements (tinted).
- Hyaluronic acid based moisturizer such as HA5 for the dry summer facial skin.
- A glycolic or alpha-hydroxy cleanser a few times a week to work on getting dull, dead skin cells off, and reveal your summer glow. I recommned Renew Glycolic Acid Cleanser or Skin Medica AHA/BHA.
- A Microneedling Procedure mid-summer to rejuvenate the skin.
- Colorscience Sunscreen Brush to keep me protected when I’m in the car.
Shelley Winzeler PA-C
My Summer Skin Go-Tos:
- Elta MD Clear on a daily basis to my face.
- Elta MD Pure for my face and body if I’m swimming or sweating.
- Colorscience Sunforgettable SPF Powder Brush for reapplication or when I’m on the go.
- Heliocare Oral Antioxidant Supplement on days when I’m in the sun for extended periods of time.
- Protective clothing and hats.